Frequently Asked Questions
- How to turn on/off the Headlight & Backlight? "Power on" the E-Bike via LCD display, (Center button on controller), hold the "arrow up" display button for 2-3 seconds, the headlight/LCD display background light will both turn on. Hold the power button and hold to turn it off. BACK LIGHT: On the "S" & "X" Models the Back light Power on/off button is located on the top of the back light.
- Can a child seat or trailer be added to the Slinker, Chu'Mana, Sidewinder, or Viper E-bike? Yes, one may be attached to either Slinker e-bike, except for the Lindie.
- Is it possible to change the saddle? Yes. If you find it necessary, you may buy a more comfortable seat at your local bicycle shop or online. The seat mounts are universal to any standard bike seat.
How do I charge a Slinker E-bike? All Slinker Model e-bike batteries are charged by plugging the D-Power DC plug to the receiver, which is located under the seat. Once it is attached, you can connect the other end of the plug into an AC wall outlet.
If you cannot place the e-bike next to a wall outlet, then you can disconnect the battery connector, which is located at the bottom end of the seat-post. Twist-off the adapter until it detaches, then open the seat post using the quick release lever and slide out the seat post. Then you can take it with you to charge as described above.
After charging the battery you can slide the seat post back on the e-bike, use the quick release to adjust seat to desired height and close the quick release lever. Then reattach the twist connector to the bottom of the seat post and secure it tightly.
How far can you ride on a single charge on a Slinker e-bike? Distance differs mildly between Models; terrain, weight of cyclist and the power mode you are using. (Pedal only, Full Throttle or Pedal Assist). Typical range on our bikes are 50 to 75 miles on a single charge using primarily electric power. If you use the Pedal Assist function mileage can increase. It is possible for some riders to achieve over 75 miles when cycling is pedal assist mode.
In thumb throttle mode, it will engage the motor but will also consume battery power faster depending on which 1-5 Level you are utilizing.
- What’s included in the Slinker Packaging when it arrives at my delivery address?
- Front and Rear Fenders
- Thumb Throttle
- Front and Rear light
- Tool Bag
- Instruction book and a Service Card
7. Will there be any additional freight charges E-bikes shipped within the lower 48 in the United States qualify for free shipping, which usually takes 2 to 7 days depending on your location.
If you order from Canada/AK/HI, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the shipping fee and the ETA date.
8. Is the bike pre-assembled? Yes, except for the front and rear fenders need you will need to take roughly 10 minutes to install, 95% of the bike comes pre-assembled. Take the e-bike out of the box remove packaging material and unfold the bike, connect the battery and then you can enjoy your journey immediately. Battery is NOT Fully charged. If you have any questions during installing the fenders, contact us in any time at mail to: email@example.com we will go back to you ASAP.
9. Is the Slinker e-bike water resistant and can I ride it in the rain? Yes, you can ride Slinker e-bikes in the rain. All of our electric components are designed to be water resistant. If you ride in the rain or it gets wet – It is a good idea to wipe the LCD display and battery and dry them to avoid overnight moisture which sometimes can hurt the electrical components.
Routine maintenance ensures your Slinker e-bike will continue operating like new. Do not ride in water deep enough that it touches motor and controller box, which is located in the bottom of battery. When you notice the chain skipping or brakes not catching as when you first received the e-bike – Take the Slinker e-bike to a local bike shop and get a brake and shifter adjustment or tune-up as you would with any non-electric bicycle.
10. When will the e-bike and accessories be shipped after ordering? Once your order is received a confirmation will be sent by email or text, it takes us 24 hours to prepare your order and you will be notified as soon as it ships. Orders placed on Saturday/Sunday will be arranged on Monday.
11. Do Slinker e-bikes have front or rear suspension Yes, the Slinker Chu'Mana, Sidewinder and Viper models have front standard hydraulic spring suspension and can be upgraded to hydraulic air suspension for an additional fee. The Slinker SIdewinder and Viper do not have rear suspension.
13. What is the proper inflation for the tires? Proper tire inflation is vital for best performance of any e-bike. Tire pressure is stamped on the sidewall of each tire measured in PSI (Pounds Per Square Inch). Do not over inflate the tires. The Slinker X fat tires do not require much air, they are designed to absorb bumps as a natural shock absorber.
14. Is there a warranty for Slinker E-Bikes? Of course, we want to provide the best service for our community. Each bike comes with a limited warranty which can be reviewed at: Warranty
15. Slinker E-bike orders: No returns after 14 days of receiving your Slinker E-bike.
- To be eligible for a return, the bike must be unused, free from dirt, dust, or any fragrances, and in the same packaging and condition that you received it.
- The box must be sealed and unopened.
- Customer pays $175 shipping fee (this is withheld from refund) and is subject to a 25% restocking fee (this is deducted from refund)
- Accessory/replacement part orders:
- No returns after 30 days of receiving parts.
- To be eligible for a return, the item must be unused, free from dirt, dust, or any fragrances, and in the same packaging and condition that you received it
- Subject to a 25% restocking fee Customer pays shipping both ways
- No returns, except in EXTREME cases of breakage/malfunction
- Please email us with TRACKING NUMBER after you send your return by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund: Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your return.
If you are approved, then your refund, minus payment processing fees will be processed. For refunds, a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 2-5 days.
- Orders Flagged for Fraud: If your order is flagged by our system as a High Risk of Fraud, we reserve the right to refuse to fulfill and refund your order. If you feel that a refund was made by mistake, please email us.